When We Are Closed

223794When the surgery is closed to access an emergency doctor please call NHS 111 direct.

The NHS 111 service is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, then give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you straight away to the local service that can help you best. That could be A&E, an out-of-hours doctor, a walk-in centre or urgent care centre, a community nurse, an emergency dentist or a late-opening chemist.

If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.

When to use NHS111

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • You need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency

  • You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.

  • You don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.

  • You need health information or reassurance about what to do next.



For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.

For immediate life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999 .

NHS Walk-in Centres

Walk-In Centre, Rouen Road, Norwich Tel: 01603 677500 open 7am-9pm 7 days a week


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website